I provide psychotherapy through a faculty practice at Mount Sinai Beth Israel. I see children, youth, adults, and families across the age range and for a variety of issues. You can learn more about my practice by visiting psychologytoday.com, goodtherapy.org or by contacting me directly.
10 Nathan D. Perlman Place
Bernstein Pavilion, 2nd floor, Office 35
New York, NY 10003
The entrance is between 1st and 2nd ave and between 15th and 16th street, facing the park. Take the elevator to the 2nd floor. Exit the elevator bay. Take a left in front of the front desk. There is no need to let them know you are here. Then, take another left and walk to the end of the hall. Take a right and start to look for my office on the left.
Since 2009, I have had the honor of receiving funding through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration's National Child Traumatic Stress Initiative to develop a program that helps children and families across our nation heal from the impact of traumatic stress. Through this program, called the Center for Child Trauma and Resilience, we provide direct clinical care to hundreds of children, youth and families; help to train hundreds of clinicians in trauma-informed practices within our own hospitals and in community agencies across New York City and the United States; and advocate for the needs of traumatized children and families. We are currently focusing our efforts to help families involved in child welfare, juvenile justice, and the military.
I serve on two non-profit boards:
- Board of Directors for Korean Community Services of New York, helping them create the first ever mental health clinic dedicated to serving the Korean community in New York
- Advisory Board for Creative Alternatives of New York, helping them heal traumatized people through a unique and powerful form of drama therapy.
Curriculum Vita Highlights
- Director, Center for Child Trauma and Resilience at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
- Post-Doctoral Research/Clinical Fellow, Children’s Hospital Boston / Harvard Medical School, 2005 (Funded through the Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award Institutional Research Training Grants, Sackler Scholarship at Harvard University, and Livingston Award at Harvard Medical School)
- Pre-Doctoral Fellowship in Clinical Psychology, Massachusetts General Hospital / Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 2003
- PhD in Clinical Psychology, University of Massachusetts Boston, 2003
- BA in Psychology and Religious Studies, Brown University, Providence, RI.